Friday, April 15, 2011

I yuv you.

I couldn't wait for Brian to call me "Mama".  I complained about it all the time.  It was the one milestone I could not wait for.  I didn't hear it until he was four years old.  It was worth the wait.

Even though I was so ecstatic for that milestone I immediately attached my heart to another one.  I could not wait for the day for him to say "I love you".  Sure once he started mimicking things he would say it back to me, but he would never just say it independently.

Tonight, as I tucked him into bed and leaned in to give him a kiss he turned his beautiful eyes towards mine.  He grabbed my cheeks and said, "I yuv you".

"I yuv you."

Can you believe it???  The first time he has ever said it independently.  I cried.  I hugged him and kissed him and hugged him some more.  I ran downstairs and shouted it to Josh and Corbin.  I cried a little more.

"I yuv you."

Seriously, nothing can beat that.

12 comments:

this side of typical said...

good for you! that's awesome!

House Asperger Built said...

TOTAL.AWESOMENESS.

Congrats!

Dee said...

Awesome!!!! He has made such great progress!

Jen Troester said...

Best feeling ever. Even K didn't say it, without me saying it first, until last year. It is so weird having a NT kid who has been saying it for SO long, too. I love to hear it...makes my day.

amy said...

Love this story!

TheRealDaniG said...

omg, are you kidding me?? Love that boy! Love you!!

Tessa aka Mama Apples said...

Oh.... heart flutters...tears! I'm so happy for you!

Karlatrx said...

Absolutely terrific! Yeah!

Kelly Hafer said...

Oh, wow. Just wow. Melt your heart wow.

Karen V. said...

This is beautiful! Happy stuff coming out of your household! And an adorable picture too!

Kathy Kresin said...

I am catching up on my reading and had to comment on this one. I have tears in my eyes. Hooray!

Tania said...

precious!