Thursday, January 7, 2010

Conquering A Fear

The boys share a bedroom, by choice, as they often like to snuggle together. There are some problems to this plan but overall it seems to work.

One of the problems we've been dealing with is that Corbin has a fear of the dark. He needs to have the hallway light on to fall asleep. Brian has a problem producing melatonin, as far as I can tell, and keeping a light on does not help that production. He sleeps best in a completely dark room.

For Christmas I bought the boys each a toy truck flashlight. I was hoping this might persuade Corbin to let me turn off the light. It didn't for the first 12 nights, but tonight, as I started to come downstairs, Corbin yelled to me, "Mom, you can turn off the hallway light. I have this flash light if I get scared."

I turned it off, went in and gave him a kiss, and told him how proud I was of him. He then asked, "Do I get a treat for this tomorrow?"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lol. That's too cute. :)

Christina said...

LOL He's such a smartie! I hope it works!

Christina said...

LOL He's such a smartie! I hope it works!