Monday, August 8, 2011

Another Year Older

Every year at my birthday I write a post about myself.

Two years ago I wrote about the materialistic things in my life that kept me happy.

Last year I may have tooted my own horn a little bit.

This year I just want to say, "I have no clue what I'm doing."

Honestly, every year I get a year older.  I should get a year closer to knowing where the heck my life is going, right?  I should have some kind of clue.

This past year has been wonderful.  I graduated and started my new career, which you know unless you were hiding under a rock, because I put it out there a lot (it's the Leo in me).  What you may not know because I've never addressed it on here, is that I also became single again.  I think that's what is putting me into this mode of discovering what it is I want out of life.  And wondering if I'll ever meet "the one", settle down, have 1.5 children (oh wait, I screwed that one over already), and a white picket fence.

Yet, looking and questioning what my future will be would only hinder me from seeing the beauty that is now. The beauty that is my present.  Beauty like this:


"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  And today?  
Today is a gift.  
That's why we call it the present."  
~Babatunde Olatunji

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that admitting that the longer we live the less we know, is a sign of wisdom . . . . It's facing up to the fact that we aren't ever going to have a full understanding of life (till after our earthly lives are over), and the more we let go of expectations, the greater our peace

Lizbethcole29 said...

What a busy year.  Happy Birthday!!!

Tania said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a fantastic one :) And you're right try to enjoy the present and not worry about the future. That's my problem too :/ 

Christina said...

I think you'd done amazing this past year, even with the setbacks!  You are lucky to have two awesome dudes to keep you grounded!  Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Thanks Christina!  That means a lot :)