Friday, October 1, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know most people know me for my obsession with Autism, autism, autism but I do have other passions and I think this is one of the most important ones.

I lost my grandmother to breast cancer and now a very good friend of mine has started her fight with breast cancer.

My friend, Amy, is 29 years old and is truly the most amazing person I've ever had the pleasure of being friends with. We have known each other most of our lives but became really close when I left my children's father five years ago. She really helped me climb out of a dark hole and showed me a whole new way of looking at life. She is such an inspiration to me. And the most wonderful thing about this is that she means this much to every person who crosses her path. No joke. She has this humongous support circle, and it's because of the person she is.

As part of her process for dealing with this curve ball that life has thrown her she has decided to start a blog, Breast Cancer at 29, for a venting place. A place to reflect.

Take the time to wear pink, make sure to do a self-examination (or schedule a mammography), join a walk, donate, make your own fundraiser, blog about it, do something!

And Amy, I love you!

1 comment:

Amymoose2005 said...

Awww...I never saw that you wrote this. You are great!! XO