A meme (pronounced /ˈmiːm/, rhyming with "cream") is a unit of cultural ideas, symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena.
Then I found this one (also on Wikipedia):
The term "Internet meme" refers to a catchphrase or concept that spreads rapidly from person to person via the Internet, largely through Internet-based email, blogs, forums, social networking sites and instant messaging.
Basically in simple terms it's a chain letter. Now honestly as a teenager, I LOVED these things, and never broke them because I didn't want bad luck! As an adult, I simply delete them (sorry Aunt Ellie & Mom!). But one of my most favorite bloggers, Dani G, tagged me and I simply can't say no because I don't want her to think I'm not cool like that. ;)
So this is how it works, she tagged me and a few other bloggers, and left eight questions for us to answer. I need to answer them here on this post and then tag some more bloggers to answer eight of my own questions. Here it goes.
1) Last piece of music you bought/downloaded (legally or illegally)?
Foolish Games by Jewel....I actually woke up singing this song and realized I use to be in love with Jewel and why did I not have any of it in my iTunes?
2) Never go to bed angry? Or too tired for that and we'll deal with it later?
Eh, I'm not perfect and there are many times I go to bed angry. But then I get my entire bed to myself and that can be pure bliss at times.
3) Have you turned into your mother yet? Truth.
Truthfully no. Not to say we don't have a heck of a lot in common but there are definitely things we disagree on. Parts of me have turned into my mother and I'm sure in another twenty years I'll be able to say I've completely morphed.
4) If you could go back in time to high school, would you? I would.
Nope, never. Funny, I loved high school, but I fell in "love" with the biggest loser and wouldn't want to relive that. (Wouldn't want to change it either as I did get two beautiful children out of the deal).
5) What did you eat for breakfast this morning? I had a bowl of cereal. Two parts Fiber One, one part Cap'n Crunch Crunchberries. So what?
I had two eggs over-easy, two slices of *white* bread, and a cup of Mott's fruit/vegetable juice.
6) Do you secretly like the songs in the Backyardigans? Yes you do.
No I don't. Sorry, Dani. Only because I was spared by neither of the kids really watching the show. We did go see them though in Storytime Live a month or so ago and they were catchy songs!
7) Do you ever lie and say you think your friends kids are cute? What? No, no me neither. Every child is a gift (blah blah blah).
I'm pleading the fifth.
8) Desert island: husband, best friend, or Edward Cullen? Yeah, me too.
Seriously, is there even a choice. Edward Cullen. Man, I'm getting hot and bothered just thinking about it. Is it getting hot in here?
So here are my tags, and some of these ladies haven't blogged in a while, so maybe I can get them to come out of hiding:
And my questions:
1. Since I believe everyone I tagged is a mom- what is one, trivial thing that you miss about before you were a mom? Mine is definitely not being able to just walk around in the nude when I'm too lazy to put on clothes. TMI? Sorry!
2. What is your addiction at this point in time? Mine is facebook, hanging my head in shame.
3. Are you an animal person? I seem to be the only in my family and friends that is NOT, and I sometimes feel guilty about that. Hoping to get a few more on my side ;)
4. Jacob or Edward?
5. Which TV mom do you relate to?
6. Do you take the stairs or the elevator?
7. What is the worst pick-up line you have ever heard?
8. Did you ever have a crush on any of your teachers? I had a couple that I definitely thought were cute for older men. I'll just stop there before I embarrass myself.