Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Movie Theater Moments

Had a lot of time on my hands as I attempted to take my family to see "How To Train Your Dragon" and thought I should declutter this brain of mine.

*Lying is really a developmental milestone. When you think about it, it takes some serious cognitive skills to do so. Brian decided every time we'd try to sit in the theater to just yell out "Potty!!" because he knows I won't deny him a trip to the bathroom. Yet he never had to go, just didn't want to be in the theater.

*My life is no where near where I thought it would be. Never thought I would sit on the nasty floor in a theater and rock my almost-six-year-old boy back and forth. Really, who would think that would be a part of their future? It calmed him for a while and I actually got to watch part of the movie though!

*Sometimes I spend too much time in my head. Especially if it's just me and Brian. We spent most of the time in the lobby while the other half of the family enjoyed the movie. Brian is infatuated with the pool table out there and the cue ball and 8 ball that he can play with without adding any quarters. Over and over and over again he put them in different pockets and run to see which one would come out first. There's only so many times I could say, "Black", "ball", "white", "my turn", "your turn", etc. with absolutely no response from him as the balls were far more entertaining than my speech. So I resorted to sitting on a bench staring off into the distance. I probably looked like a zombie. Seriously.


But this morning, when he came into my room, gave me that genuine smile of his, jumped into my bed, and wrapped his arms around my neck. Those are the real moments that make every other surreal moment worth it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

((((Hugs)))) You know there is no shame in having someone watch him while you take Corbin to see a movie. Brian doesn't want to be there, and I'm sure Corbin could use some Momma time!

Christina said...

((((Hugs)))) You know there is no shame in having someone watch him while you take Corbin to see a movie. Brian doesn't want to be there, and I'm sure Corbin could use some Momma time!