Thursday, May 7, 2009

Time to Reflect




Tomorrow my baby turns five.

It doesn't even seem possible. Time really does fly when you are having fun :)

Yes, fun. Because even though I may talk a lot about our struggles, regressions, and difficulties we endure the one thing that has always stayed true about me and my boys is the love we have for one another and the fun we have together.

Brian has taught me so much about myself and about how I view the world. He puts things into perspective for me.

He doesn't talk much but I know just by the way he pulls my cheeks towards him, the way he gazes so deep into my eyes just how much he loves me.

He may not have the typical brother relationship with Corbin but we know how much he loves him by the way he yells "Cor-cor" when he arrives off the school bus in the afternoon.

He may struggle with learning new things but he doesn't give up, he pushes through it and tries his hardest.

He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He accepts others as they are. He doesn't care what others think about him. He will never lie to me.

He may not be able to tell jokes but he makes everyone he knows laugh. The way he gets excited about a movie, the way he jumped on his new big boy bed with such glee, when he acts out his favorite movies with his toys, watching him roll all the balls he can find down the stairs.

Brian is such an amazing gift to me. I know he was meant for me and that he was chosen for me.

He has made so much progress since his diagnosis and I love seeing more and more glimpses of him and seeing him become so proud of his accomplishments. I can not wait to see what his future holds- because I know it will hold many opportunities for him.

Happy 5th Birthday Bri-Guy- here's to many, many more!!

No comments: