Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ice Fishing

I was born and raised in Maine and should be use to cold weather and love winter sporting but sad to say, so not true. I'm not a fan of the cold at all though I try to make sure I join my father in one day of ice-fishing every year because I know he loves it. Up until this year the boys weren't very big fans either but all of a sudden this winter I've seen a change in them- especially in Brian. In years past he would go outside in the winter and stay in one spot for about two minutes and be done with it. This year he can't get enough of the snow and the cold!

We went this past weekend to a small pond with my parents and one of my neices and one of my nephews to go ice fishing. Corbin was the oldest of the kids and the youngest was my neice Alyssa at three years old. My stepmom and I were joking about being out of there in 30 minutes because the kids would get cold or bored.

Much to our amazement, we were there for almost three hours and all four kids were completely enamored with Grandpa and his fishing skills. They all had chances to pull some fish in and to release them after. Brian, being the bravest, and picking most of the fish up and releasing them- even with bare hands one time!

The kids had a blast and I love seeing my boys being able to enjoy some time with their Grandpa- makes me look forward to the days, when they are older, and are asking to go spend a day fishing with Grampy!











3 comments:

Christina said...

That is wonderful - what a great memory for the whole family!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

girl I don't know how you ever get used to all that cold LOL

Christina said...

That is wonderful - what a great memory for the whole family!