Saturday, September 27, 2008

an afternoon nap

I came home from work, had a brief conversation with Jen, Brian's one-on-one, about his day and then settled into my couch to cuddle with my big baby and just unwind for the day. Despite my efforts to get Brian to lay with me he kept going over to our box of blankets and trying to squish himself into them all while sucking his thumb. Definitely a sign he's tired- sounded good to me as I wouldn't mind an afternoon nap before picking Corbin up off of the bus. I brought him to go pee so I could try a nap in just his underwear as he usually wears a pullup for naps and bedtime. I tucked Brian into his bed, first with his Thomas blanket, then his quilt, and then of course his weighted blanket. He didn't argue at all and I felt so blessed to get a little rest in. I went into my room and although I didn't sleep I felt rested 45 minutes later when I decided it was time to go wake up Mr. Brian so we could get Corbin. I opened the door to his bedroom....

...and found him running his favorite Thomas the train through his poop which was all over his carpeted bedroom floor.

Instinctively I yelled "BRIAN" and he looked up at me and smiled. At this point I had about 8 minutes to clean him up, get him dresssed, walk to the bus stop and get there in time for Corbin not to panic that his mother forgot about him. Forget about cleaning up the carpet and trains, that would have to wait.

Fortunately for me, Josh came home right at that moment and I ran downstairs, said "Run a bath for Brian he just pooped all over his room and I need to get Corbin" all while running out the door leaving him scratching his head thinking, "what a great way to come home from work." LOL

6 comments:

j* said...

Ohhhh. Dear. lol

Hi via the BlogGem blog hop -- wanted to tell you I love your header pic!

Lady Estrogen said...

Hi! Thanks for reading my post from Blog Gems ;)
Gotta love the poop stories. lol.

@jencull (jen) said...

We haven't experienced this, YET, but I know it is coming. I will be back for tips on cleaning agents!! Thanks for joining in Blog Gems. Jen

Lady Estrogen said...

Hi! Thanks for reading my post from Blog Gems ;)
Gotta love the poop stories. lol.

@jencull (jen) said...

We haven't experienced this, YET, but I know it is coming. I will be back for tips on cleaning agents!! Thanks for joining in Blog Gems. Jen

j* said...

Ohhhh. Dear. lol

Hi via the BlogGem blog hop -- wanted to tell you I love your header pic!