Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Packing Peanuts Are Not Just For Eating.

Packing peanuts are not just for eating.  Yes, eating.  One of the many calls to Poison Control.  I wouldn't have called, I'm a bit laissez-faire about that stuff, but it was while he was in the care of one of his previous ABA workers.  She was kind of freaked out by his tendency to eat anything that was not food.

Anyway, I digress.

Our indoor snowman project has some real amazing moments.

1) When I suggested making a snowman, Brian didn't go running for his snowpants and mittens.  He understood we weren't talking about a real snowman.  Big deal, right there.

2) Brian made the first move.  He didn't wait for directions.  He picked up the glue and put two dots near the top of the snowman and said "Eyes".

3) I didn't hear one single "That's not fair" from Corbin.  When making something together Corbin likes to make sure that we all have an equal amount of tasks.  Brian put on BOTH the mouth and nose without any complaints from big brother.

4) Speaking of the mouth, Brian chose the pipe cleaner out of a huge box of crafting odds and ends.  And then curved it into a smile.

5) Corbin let it go that the nose and eyes weren't in the "perfect" place.  I was proud of him for that.  I know it was bugging him and he did mention it once, but then he was okay.

6) Brian stuck with us through the entire process.  Generally, Corbin and I finish these projects because Brian gets to a point that makes me feel like I'm torturing him.  I'm glad he stuck with it- there's no way we could've made such an awesome snowman without his help.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cool. I know how rare it is in our house that our two boys aren't fighting about equality, personal space or whatnot. Sounds like the stars aligned and your guys had a great time together. Awesome project idea, too!

jillsmo said...

Yeah, in my house if I said we were going to make "snow" out of "packing peanuts," they would BOTH take handfuls of the stuff, crumble it all up and sprinkle it all over the place, arms up above their heads.

I know this because it happened. But good for you guys!

Jessica said...

Yay for successful snowman making and what a great idea for a project!

Gina @ Special Happens said...

What a good look'n snowman too. Gotta love it when you can get something accomplished with the kids without fighting...and you stayed warm. Good all the way around!

Casdok said...

Great work :)

Casdok said...

Great work :)

Reynolfoliveros said...

have you
ever heard about packaging peanuts? just
wnna ask though...