Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dancing the Night Away



For Valentines Day the local Youthlinks put together a completely free event that included cotton candy, face painting, games, crafts, balloon artists, karaoke, and oldies dance music.

I never go to these events without help- be it my sisters, my parents, or Josh.  If I don't have help, I usually won't go.  My parents ended up coming with me, but honestly I think I could've done this one without them (well minus the whole Corbin wanting to wait in line for a balloon animal and Brian not wanting to wait in a line, ever in his life- that point I was very grateful to have extra adults).  Brian really surprised me and did amazingly well.

He allowed himself to be blindfolded and spun so he could pin an arrow on a heart.

He attempted to make a Valentines Day card- okay made one scribble, but better than nothing.

He sat still for face-painting and when he looked in the mirror after it was done he raised his eyebrows at himself as if to say "Damn, I look goooooood".

He allowed a couple of girls to give him hugs.

And he danced the night away, only covering his ears a few times.  I thought the room was too loud and here was Brian smiling and spinning dancing.  Wonders never cease.

6 comments:

tence1 said...

Days like that only brings a much bigger smile to my face. Love it!

Lynn said...

Oh yeah, he and Audrey could definitely bust a few moves.

Rachel said...

That made me smile! Sounds like a happy night all around!

(And much better than last Easter for us, when Itty Bit had his face painted, looked in a mirror, and immediately started sceaming his head off and wanted it O.F.F. *sigh*)

Christina said...

I can't believe how far behind I am on your posts! What a cutie - thanks for the smiles!

Christina said...

I can't believe how far behind I am on your posts! What a cutie - thanks for the smiles!

Lynn said...

Oh yeah, he and Audrey could definitely bust a few moves.