Friday, January 3, 2014

Still Writing.

It's no secret that I don't blog nearly as much as I had in years past.

I do still love to write and if someone gives me an idea or something rubs me the wrong way, you know I'm going right to Microsoft Word to write something for it's cathartic, therapeutic properties.

I have a couple pieces floating out there in the internet world.

First was a piece I wrote for Tania over at My Adventures in Mommyland.  She is doing a series on single parents finding love and I wrote the first one for her.  It's meant to inspire and I think anyone in the dating world could probably relate!

The other was a piece that was just released this morning for a local paper, The Bangor Daily News.  There has been a lot of upheaval and dissatisfaction within my school district this year (what's new?).  It's also been the first year that I 100% stand behind the autism program they have developed.   It started to come to my attention that no one really knows what goes into those programs unless you work directly with it or are a parent.  I have a feeling that the majority of parents of typical children in my son's school don't even know there is an autism program.  I wanted to write this piece to give a voice and make people realize how important it is to correctly fund these programs.  Honestly, I'm a tad anxious with the budget concerns that my son's program will be on the chopping block as it has been in the past.

So, even though I'm not writing here as much, I'm hoping you'll continue to read my new pieces and support them as you always have!


2 comments:

Danielle Pfeffer Stockinger said...

Saw your article--excellent! So happy you are continuing to raise awareness!!! Hats off to you, Heather! Keep up the fight!

Pam Sleeper said...

Saw your article in the paper-- I love reading your work!!! I'm so happy to hear Brian is doing well, I would love to be a fly on the wall. Happy New Year and keep up the good work to you and Brian.