Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Brian's Admirers

I volunteer in Brian's classroom on Monday mornings and I usually arrive a little early so I can watch circle time.

Brian uses a backjack chair to help him sit up, rather than sprawl all over the rug, and also gives him a clearer idea of his own personal space.

I love watching him go and grab it out of it's spot at the side of the classroom and carry it over to the rug and find a spot to sit. A lot of the time he likes to put it on top of the letter "B", but if I'm there he tries to make sure it's close to whatever table I'm working at, while still staying on the rug.

The chair is a little awkward to manipulate, especially when someone is only using one hand because the other hand is being sucked on. It's even harder when he has five little girls that seem to be attached to him by magnets, following him around, pushing each other, to make sure they are the ones next to him when he finally find the perfect spot.

It's so funny how little girls are so attentive to Brian. It was the same way last year. I'm almost positive it's because most little girls have that nurturing instinct in them. They want to help him and hug him, and he'll let them, unlike many other little boys.

I hope these girls that he grows up with will always be there to lend a helping hand, I know these things change when they age. And I hope he grows to appreciate it, because right now he's not giving much back to those little girls, besides making sure their clothes are always hair-free (another obsession of his).

6 comments:

Dani G said...

Schedule pay dates with these girls NOW. For real!!

Lynn said...

I don't know what a backjack chair is...have to look that one up. Hopefully his little harem will stick around and be as enamored of him during the middle school years!

dotcomkari said...

Sounds to me that Brian is a ladies man! :) mommy's lock up your girls!

Christina said...

I am totally picturing Brian with these girls around him - that is way TOO CUTE! Go Brian!!!!

Christina said...

I am totally picturing Brian with these girls around him - that is way TOO CUTE! Go Brian!!!!

dotcomkari said...

Sounds to me that Brian is a ladies man! :) mommy's lock up your girls!