Monday, December 15, 2008

Naughty or Nice?

You know how sometimes you say things to your kids and later regret it. Well a few weeks ago, I was having a bad day, just nothing seemed to be going right, I couldn't get out of my funk, and Corbin just kept talking and talking and talking and talking- there wasn't a minute of quiet. After a while I told him I just need some time to be alone, please leave me alone and go play. He went into his room and I laid on the bed and relaxed for a little while.

That night when I was putting him to bed he told me he felt sad when I did that and he thought I was acting "bad". So count this as one of those times that I really regretted what I had said earlier in the evening and it made me feel really horrible to hear him say that. I told him that sometimes Mommys can be bad too- I didn't mean to be, I was just having a hard time, but next time he thought I was being mean, just tell me.

Well on several occasions he has brought it up to me- when I don't let him get dessert because he didn't eat dinner, when he's not allowed to play Playstation because his room isn't clean- now he thinks all those times are good times to remind me that sometimes Mommy's can be bad and I'm being bad. Soooo not only do I regret what I said to him that night about leaving me alone for a bit, but I also regret what I said when we dealt with it because he loves to throw it in my face lol.

Tonight, we were listening to "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" and Corbin says, "Mom I don't know if you'll get presents because remember that one time you told me you were bad." I turned around and said, "Corbin, give me a break, how many times have you been bad this year?" He looked like he was counting in his head and finally said, "Ummm...like 100?" I started laughing and I said, "Do you think Santa will bring you a present?" And he said, "Probably not." LOL! I did tell him I think he's been good much more than he has been bad so I think Santa will remember him.

No comments: