Friday, March 9, 2012

Sixth-sense, Mommy-sense.

A while ago I was at the homeopath and I was talking about Brian and his lack of sleep at the time (he goes through cycles).  I told her that I use to wake up every time he made a noise but lately I will wake up and he's downstairs watching a movie and I panic realizing I have no clue how long he's been up for.

I was probably even tearing up a little bit while I was telling her this.  I love to put guilt trips on myself.  She looked at me calmly and said, "Heather, you are so connected to those two boys that I have no doubt that you would wake up if either of them were in danger.  Your body needs sleep, don't feel guilty about it."

She made me feel better but I still had doubts.

Last night Brian was up around three.  I heard him get up and put on a movie but then I fell back asleep.  I woke up around four, out of no where, knowing something was wrong.  I sprung out of bed and ran into the laundry room because for some reason I knew that was where Brian was.

There he was on shelf four of a five-shelf unit I have.  It's probably about six feet tall.  He was trying to get to some candy I had stashed up on the fifth shelf.

Holy shit.  That's all I can say.  I have no clue how he get up there and I don't think he would've made it down safely if I had not woken up.  I'm so thankful for that sixth sense, mommy-sense.

There's no doubt about it, that little boy and I are connected.  My homeopath knows what she's talking about.

No comments: