Saturday, June 25, 2011

Absence

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Not that I was ever at any loss for love for my two boys.

But seeing them yesterday after seven days of them being gone was surreal.

A grin spread from ear to ear that I couldn't lose no matter how I tried.

I hugged them so hard that I heard Brian gasp for air.

I didn't want to let them go.

Corbin kept repeating, "I've missed you so much Mom.  I've missed you so much Mom.", while snuggling into the familiar crook of my arm.

Brian kept doing his OCD routine of touching both arms, both cheeks, both feet.  Then starting all over again.  Checking to see if it was really me.

My babies are back home and everything seems right in the world again.

2 comments:

Karen V. said...

Glad the major portions of your heart are back home!  You are whole again.  :)

Christina said...

Awh glad they are home!  I hope Brian settles back in quickly!