Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dig a Little Deeper...

Yesterday I posted about little things I was thankful for, and I'm still thankful for all of them (especially my caffeine fix), but there are obviously the bigger things in life that I'm thankful for.

I am thankful for my children. I am thankful for their laughs, their hugs, their insights, and their love. I am thankful that Brian thinks it's hilarious when I try to eat his feet. I am thankful that Corbin loves to read Harry Potter with me. I am thankful for the way they have changed my view of the world and thankful for the way they shaped my future.

I am thankful for Josh and all that he does to help make my life easier. For bringing the kids to their therapies when I'm at school. For singing "Vowel Bat" five times in a row with Brian.

I am thankful for my education. I am so glad I went back to school and am thankful for how successful I have been. I am thankful I will graduate in May!

I am thankful for my support circle. For my Dad and his almost-daily phone calls just to check in. For my Mom and the way she listens to me and offers a shoulder to cry on when I'm frustrated. For my sisters who are the targets of my random, nonsense texts and are my sounding boards when I want to complain. For my friends, who help keep life light-hearted. And for my bloggy-friends, who really get it. Who have been there too.

I am thankful for our amazing team of therapists, teachers, case managers, doctors, and so on. I am thankful that we spent the better half of this year working with The Thoughtful House. I am thankful that all of these professionals never give up on my son.

I am thankful that for the most part I'm able to carry on with life surrounded by love and remaining a positive, "glass half-full", optimistic, happy person despite any struggles we may have as a family.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

AMEN! Now you have a post to refer back to on the days when you are feeling slightly less than thankful :)

Christina said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Christina said...

Happy Thanksgiving!