Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kindergarten Celebration


As a parent I very much enjoy being an active participant in their school activities and this year I was thrown for a curve as going back to college hindered me in that area. I was lucky that it did seem to work out for all the "big" events, like the boys' school concert. Then that luck ran out as I realized that Brian's end-of-the-year classroom celebration was falling on a day that I had an 9 hour class (w/an additional three hours commuting). So I asked Josh if he would cover for me.




I have to say that I feel amazingly lucky that I have a boyfriend who will go to these events. I feel happy that he'll accompany me when I go, let alone when he goes without me even being there. Then to have other parents tell me how wonderful he was at the event, how happy Brian looked with him, how he was joking with the other kids in the class, taking lots of pictures, and participating in all the crafts.




I was still a little sad to know that I missed it. My only consolation? Brian is redoing Kindergarten and next year at this time I'll be graduated (!!!!!!!!) so I won't be missing that one for the world.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Yay Brian!!! And I know how you feel - as a full time working mom I have to miss a lot of things, and make judgment calls on which things to attend. It's a bummer. So glad that Josh could be there!

Christina said...

Yay Brian!!! And I know how you feel - as a full time working mom I have to miss a lot of things, and make judgment calls on which things to attend. It's a bummer. So glad that Josh could be there!