Wednesday, October 8, 2008

the dentist (da-da-dum)

Over the past couple of weeks we've managed to get myself, Corbin, & Brian all into the dentist. I, unfortunately, had not been to the dentist in a few years because of insurance issues and trying to make it on my own as a single mom so I was super excited to go but also super-nervous as I was well aware that I did have cavities- and up until now I had never, once, in my life had a cavity so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Corbin got a clean bill of health- which I was pretty positive would happen.
Brian wouldn't even let them near his mouth at all- which I expected to happen. No surprises there. They did get a teeny tiny brief glance in and said they saw at least one cavity- again no surprises as he won't allow me to brush his teeth. So we have set up an appointment for him next week at a pediatric dentist to see if he will be a good candidate for a sedated cleaning & filling(s).
Then on to me, I have FOUR cavities!! Not fun at all. I go back in November to have one filling and one sealant which he recommended. See how I go from there and see if I want to schedule the next three all together or not. I'm scared! We also talked about braces- I have these two teeth in the front that are way squished together so one is back further than it should be and the other is more in front. I also have the option of just putting like a filler on the top of the one that is back to give the illusion that it's not back so far. I have to decide. In a way I really want to just fix them with the braces but in another I'm kind of thinking, let's take the easy route. I don't know how I feel about being a grown woman with braces- even though I've known plenty of adults that do have them and obviously I don't think any different of them. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: